The Lord said to Isaac what had been said to Abraham,
“And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed” (Genesis 26.4).
The Lord mentioned three things, all of which He had said to Abraham:
- Their descendants would multiply as the stars of heaven.
- Their descendants would inherit all the lands of Canaan.
- In Isaac’s Seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed.
Truly Luke 3.34 shows that even as the Lord had specified through which of the sons of Abraham the Messiah would come, so the Lord specified to Isaac that he was the one through whom the Messiah would enter the world.
- Messianic Prophecy Number 12: Gen 22.8, 14 – The Lamb a Type of the Messiah (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 11: Gen 21.12 – In Isaac Would Abraham’s Seed Be Called (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 13: Gen 22.18 – All Nations Shall Be Blessed Through Abraham’s Seed (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Lesson 5) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Part 6) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
- Bulletin Articles from June 24, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)